Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 6: Aero Island


We enjoyed a breakfast with fresh baked bread, still warm, this morning. The group split up today. Mom and I went out to the beach while Aunt Deb, Uncle Chuck and Dad rode around the island on bikes. 
Mom and I stopped at the grocery store and got some picnic stuff and sunscreen and headed out. When we got to the beach there wasn't anyone. We set up our towels and I sunscreened up. The wind was blowing and when I got in the water was freezing! Once I got used to it it felt so good to be in the water. It wasn't super deep I swam out quite a ways and could still touch the bottom. The waves weren't too big but they were noticeable and fun to jump in.We spent a few hours at the beach. Mom got in the water a couple times.
About 1:30, the bike crew came out to where we were. They had ridden around the island and stopped at brewery for food and a beer. Shocking, they would stop for beer. Alcohol seems to be a running theme on our trips. Anyway, after the bike crew stopped we went back in the water the bike crew got back one more time. Mom and I walked back, got a shower and relaxed in the room. The bike crew got back and did the same thing. Eventually they decided to get a picnic together to eat on the patio. I took a nap and slept through supper. Dad woke me up to tape my ankle, which helped a lot. He knows what he was doing due to having been a trainer for football at one point.
After my nap, we just hung out until the night watchman tour started. We went on the tour around Aeroskobing and our tour guide did it on three languages: Danish, Swedish and English. He had grown up on the island and had some great stories. So ended another day of fun and frolic.

1 comment: