Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 5: Aero Island Part 2


We got on the Island in the early afternoon. Our pension was run by one of hte friendliest people I have known. We were in two rooms: boys in one and girls in the other. Our host made us tea and coffee which we drank on the terrace of a beautiful lawn. There were three chickens who wandered about the yard and a beautiful black and brown dog by the name of Tilly. 
We wandered through the cobblestone streets of Aeroskobing, the town on Aero.  The houses all were in long line tilting this way and that with brightly colored fronts and tiled roofs. There were roses of every color growing just about everywhere but the middle of the street. In short, it was a gorgeous place to be. We walked out to the beach,where some on the locals have beach hut that adorable. They have a dock with stairs into the water. I stuck my feet in to try to get the swelling to go down and because I just like being in the water. It was cold but not as freezing as I was expecting.
We stopped at one of the three museums on the island, the Bottle Peter museum. There over a thousand ships in bottles' there, it very impressive and a cute little museum. It's said that Peter drank the liquid from all the bottles except the milk bottles.
We went to a fish place called Rageri for an early supper. If you know me well, you know I won't touch anything that lives in water on plate. But it was smoked fish of various kinds and it was probably fresh caught that morning. It was very good as everyone else pointed out( I'm not saying "the adults" anymore, they pointed out technically I am an adult). I personally greatly enjoyed my french fries and salad. We had another amazing harbor view to go with our supper.
  After supper, we bought some wine and headed back to the pension. We sat in the back  garden and drank the wine, called home, and played word games on the iPad. When it started getting dark, we went inside to the library, which was floor to ceiling books. Everyone else had either Baileys or whiskey and sat up talking. 

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a beautiful place to be, taken right out of a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your ankle continues to get better. did you cause any international incident while in the water like you did in Italy??

    ReplyDelete
  3. No international incidents. And it was totally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete